Catholic Charities Community Services of Rockland aims to support and assist social programs in Rockland County in order to further benefit the community and its residents, regardless of religious affiliation or lack thereof. We do this by operating and supplementing programs for the benefit of needy families and individuals, including the homeless and unemployed. We provide services to people of all ages, from every race and ethnic group from all over the County. Our focus has always been to provide the necessities of life, such as food, shelter and other emergency assistance for those in need.
Our compassionate and professional staff assists people of all ages, races and religion in Rockland County. They are knowledgeable, empathetic and able to converse with our clients in English, Spanish, French and Creole.
Services offered at Catholic Charities Community Services of Rockland include:
- Homelessness and Eviction Prevention
- Food Pantry
- Produce the Produce Program
- Nutritional Outreach Education Program (NOEP)
- Target Supplemental Nutrition Program
- Community Garden of Love
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Money Management Workshops
- Immigration Legal Services
- Volunteer Program
- Compassion, love and respect for all people, especially those who are poor and vulnerable
- Every child to have a safe, loving and nurturing environment
- Elders to live in security and dignity
- Healthy family life to be affirmed and supported in our communities
- Every person has the right to a safe, affordable place to call home
- Join with others to change the systems which oppress, discriminate or otherwise cause human suffering
- In addition, we are grateful to the many volunteers who support us year round and have logged thousands of hours helping us help others. For more information on being a volunteer, click here.